Thursday, June 13, 2013

A conversation after dinner (we had Tinola soup)

We were all almost finished with dinner. I was drinking my soup. It lacked saltiness.


Tita Wendy: ...In Myanmar, there's a hanging clear box in which people put their money in it, to honour Buddha. 

Me: What...?

Tita Wendy: My friend John G told me, "That's real money."

Mom: So why don't the people just take it?

Tita Wendy: Well, they believe something bad will befall their lives if they steal from it. So the box is just filled with a lot of money.

Me: Sacrilege... 

Dad: Then they should put a non-Buddhist man there and take all the money.

*laughs*

Tito TJ: What about a Muslim man?

*again, laughs*

(I imagine one of those boxes in front of entrances to malls, like Trinoma, where you put some of your change for donations, only 100 times bigger, and Buddhist-i-fied in the middle of a Highstreet-like park and people walking by, dropping money in a huge slit. Then after Dad's and Tito TJ's remarks, I imagined those two guys snitching some bills from the box XD no offence) 

Then, after thinking about what they said for a while, recalling what I had been reading in the Bible for the last weeks, which was the adventures of the Israelite guys who just escaped from the desert, disobeying and rebelling against the LORD, and getting kicked in their butts, (LOL) I made a statement.

Me: Either way... they're still sinning. 

Tita Wendy: Haha, oh yeah!












No comments:

Post a Comment