Saturday, June 8, 2013

A small talk at the back of beyond

(begun at 11:20 AM, June 7, ended 8:20 June 8)

One of the things that strikes me solemn is the game, "A Small Talk at the Back of Beyond", along with the history of Marceline and Ice King/Simon Petrikov, and a video of a commercial that Dean showed me and Shelby at The Old Spaghetti House, which was the last I saw of him and her ever since. (LOL that was December last year)

After a day of worship practice, Filipino studies and 'We Bought a Zoo', I went downstairs with my laptop. I checked Chelsea and FB stuff first, then decided to play games. I went to Coolmath to play Sugar, Sugar, anbutd Friv to find a good game. I decided to play Coma on Friv, bt it wasn't there so I just went to http://armorgames.com/play/6286/. I played Sugar, Sugar, and chatted with my classmate Iolo on Facebook about random stuff, using 'LOL' and other various forms of laughing in almost every message. Coma loaded, and I was plunged into the memory of playing it in my hometown, Masbate, home for my Lolo (Grandpa) Val's funeral and my cousins were there, taking turns to play on the laptop. I remembered finding Coma on Friv, intrigued by the title. Jania watched me as I played it, and I occasionally looked at walkthroughs through the game. I did not finish it the second time, though. 
But before I could play it, I was commissioned to watch my brother, sleeping, upstairs. I went, still chatting with Iolo, and started Coma. It opened to the inside of the house, in the kind of theme I dreamed of for my own house, though a bit too eerie. The game unfolded in events of grief, and it had some complicated platforms I tried hard to pass through. I told Iolo about what I felt, and here it is:

K.
;D
I'm playing Coma.................
go
its theme is kinda like my dream thing
I mean, not the dream last night lol
Never mind.....
uhhhhh
Yes or no?
Lol
Yes or no...?
Blast it I said no
This game is super cool
8:18pm
Ah, the word to describe it is 'melancholic'.



Jivan woke up, and Mom took him. I realized I was having one of my 'good times' (O_O lolwat) playing Coma in the room, the lighting was a bit dark, the brown fan was spinning, and I was lying on the bed, playing alone (though God is always with me XD). 
A bit bored of the hard parts, I searched up 'coma game meaning' on Google, and found it on this site: http://www.casualgirlgamer.com/articles/entry/22/Ten-games-that-make-you-think-about-life/. Yes, Coma did make me think about life. I browsed through the other games it talked about, and picked 'I Wish I Were the Moon' and a few other games, but I didn't play them that much. I went downstairs, because I think the people downstairs would call me down, eventually.
So I played http://www.kongregate.com/games/danielben/i-wish-i-were-the-moon, and it was amazing. Here is what Casual Girl Gamer said:

I WISH I WERE THE MOON

Daniel Benmergui has become something of a legend in the world of arty games, thanks to quirky gaming gems like Today I Die. Perhaps my favourite game of his is I Wish I Were the Moon. For this game, Daniel drew his inspiration from Italo Calvino's short story The Distance of the Moon about an odd love triangle. Daniel describes the game as follows: "I tried to make it about the exploration of an emotional situation instead of a physical space, without using any text."

(I know, I'm not the kind who reviews games :T) I just really liked the 'I Am Your Moon Ending', and that's all I'm going to say...
I went to eat dinner, and thought about I Wish I Were the Moon, and went back to my seat and tried another game called Today I Die. I didn't finish it though, because I had to wash the dishes, and my sister Abbie closed its window. After washing, they played MasterChef on TV, and I played A Small Talk at the Back of Beyond.

But now I can't write about it. I tried last night, and failed. I'll just write what I did write last night, on Facebook. 

"I am afraid. To die alone...
You have two choices... Would you rather stand a chance of 3.7% survival but probably die alone... Or go to certain death with someone to hold your hand? Which I ask you for."
"I will stay and hold your hand till we die."
"I am sorry, but I don't understand what you just said. Please rephrase.
However, you have two choices..."
"I am going to stay... with you."
"You are going to die. Are you sure?"
"I am."
"Very well... Thank you."

"At least I'm not alone."
:'(
This game makes me cry.

I'll hold your hand, LDAC, till the red giant's corona burns us up
...together.

Unless you want to cry inside and not get over this melancholic sci-fi-y game and talk with a computer who has feelings and is frequently talking about chess, the best pictures ever taken on Earth and a 320-page story he made that was set in Victorian London, and how he is afraid, don't play this game. 

A small talk at the back of beyond still leaves me shaken.
I know, I probably did not write enough for you to go and play those games. And to talk about what really happened... Let's just say something changed me emotionally last night.
Well, it's 8:14 AM and I'm still trying to get over this game and think about the present.




And I'm wondering if our special number "The Proof of Your Love" will work. 
Hosanna.... God be with us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment