Saturday, June 1, 2013

"Perhaps the most dangerous place for a Christian to be is in safety and comfort."

"My dear mother (bless her heart) has some things to say about safety. Again, I'm her only child, so there's a lot at stake for her. As she watched me go to jail and travel to Iraq, with God's hand evidently in it all, my mom has learned a lot about faith, safety, and risk. It has not been easy, but recently she told me, "I have come to see that we Christians are not called to safety, but we are promised that God will be with us when we are in danger, and there is no better lace to be than in the hands of God." Perhaps the most dangerous place for a Christian to be is in safety and comfort."-Shane Claiborne, The Irresistible Revolution, 227.

I just love this book.
I want to go to Iraq, even though at the present it is impossible. But "I can do all things through Christ", and "an unjust law is no law at all."
Love your neighbor as yourself..
Blessed are the poor...for theirs is the kingdom of God.
Jesus was homeless.
"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind" (and with dentures).
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church."






Jesus, give us courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment